FELMINGHAM VILLAGE HALL MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 20TH JANUARY 2022
Present: Roy Hindle, Syd Arksey, John Newstead, Sarah and Ivan Smith, Carole Carter, Mike Pepperell, Des Fern, Graham Fabb
Matters Arising from the previous meeting held on 18th November 2021
- Appointment of new Secretary: Mike Pepperell agreed to take on the post for 6 months. ACTION: Sarah to meet Mike re hand over. Mike to set dates of meetings for the year.
- Outstanding building work: ACTION: Ivan to email Danny re plastering of lintel over front door, and quote for new side door. Defibrillator to be re-erected.
- Website: Martial Arts and list of dances now on Website and Facebook. Calendar is only able to be colour-coded (booked/not booked) per day.
- Recent Events: Re-Opening on 4th Dec.2021. Agreed to have been a great success with good attendance. ACTION: £100 cheque to be sent to Norman Lamb. Sarah to send Roy his address.
- Roy to contact EDP to follow up publicity.
- Country Dance 14th January. 40 people attended, despite bad weather. Overall profit of £104.05 made on the night.
- Payment of Bar Staff: Claire and Gemma will share duties and payment. ACTION They need to send invoice to Syd after each event.
- NB Cordials to be ordered for the Bar. (Syd to action?)ACTION: Roy to organise Suggestion Box for the Bar.
Allied Westminster has been paid and the policy received.
NNDC Certificate received and is hanging up in Front Entrance
Syd presented report. Balance currently £17,237.76. NNDC Omicron Support Grant now available (£2,650) ACTION: Syd to apply
Electricity contract with EON due to end 5th April 2022. ACTION: Syd to investigate new 3 year contract.
New Rates of £9.00 per hour (£14.00 if bar hired) to apply to all new hirers (Proposed by Ivan, seconded by John)
Existing hirers to be kept at same rates until April. NB Do we need to give them advance warning of increase? ACTION: Discuss at next meeting
Overnight walking group in February: paying £100 for the night.
WiFi not currently available. ACTION: Mike to investigate SIM Card.
Changing Rooms: ACTION: Roy to organise working party to clear unwanted items and clean area
Cleaning Cupboard: ACTION Syd to contact plumber
Front Kitchen refurbishment: awaiting new grant (see above)
Lighting: Outside front door light is faulty, side lights along Fire Exit route needed. ACTION: Roy to contact electrician
CCTV Camera and side lights (playing field side) need attention ACTION: John to contact electrician
Keys: A maximum of 3 front door keys should be issued: 1) Roy as Chair. 2) Des for Lettings 3) in Outside Key Safe.ACTION Keys to be brought to next meeting
Roy has fitted Key Safe in Kitchen. ACTION: Access and contents to be discussed at next meeting
Gents Toilets: Water keeps running in cistern. ACTION: Roy to investigate
Bar Opening: Suggested date of Friday 28th January, from 8.00 pm to 11.00 pm. NB Chiller needs to be switched on earlier.
Precept from Parish Council: other Village Halls eg Banningham receive regular payments from their Parish Councils. ACTION: John to investigate
Platinum Jubilee Celebrations: Date of Friday 3rd June suggested for event on the field. (BBQ? Dog Show?) ACTION: Discuss at next meeting
DATE OF NEXT MEETING; THURSDAY 3RD MARCH AT 7.30 PM