Minutes: 9th June 2022
• Apologies: Ivan
• Present: Syd, John, Graham, Carole, Sarah, Elliot, Des, Roy and Mike
• Agree minutes from previous meeting: Agreed
• Action points from previous meeting:
• Ivan to chase up Danny re: lintel and defibrillator.
o Contacted twice. Not sure they can improve the render
o Defib is damaged and twisted. Mike to call defib folk.
• Syd to send cheque to 3, Claremont Rd, Norwich NR4 6SH
COMPLETED- see correspondance
• Syd to investigate new 3 year electricity contract. -COMPLETED
• Syd to contact plumber Price up Kitchen- See later in agenda
• Roy to lay new tiles and monitor Ongoing
• Roy to relocate outside key safe COMPLETE
• Syd will write and enquire, with a proposition to getting perm.
Broadband supplied as payment? COMPLETE Awaiting reply
• Des will thank Heather for clearing up confusion, on line COMPLETE
• Syd to complete Charities commission form ONGOING Due July
• Syd and John to investigate proposed quiz night in Autum. ONGOING
• Syd to Invoice Lapwing COMPLETED
• Syd to chase up payment for Clothes Bank and mention Robin’s nest
COMPLETED – awaiting reply
• Syd and Roy Bar price list to be made and displayed – COMPLETED
• Syd to forward previous survey COMPLETED
• Syd to speak to Lapwing to find out their internet requirements
• Mike to investigate why it did not work tonight COMPLETED
• Maintenance update- Roy
o Work group Sunday at 10am to look at guttering
• Website / Facebook update –Des
o 71 people joined FB group
o Des to upload minutes to website
• Recent events report- Roy
o Dance on 3rd June went really well
• Upcoming bookings- Des – See Yard sale
o Receipt for £215 + Gift aid for Jubilee event
o NNDC Regarding food standards. Kitchens and prep. to be
o MIKE to investigate Food hygiene level 2 for 4 members
o DEs -V/H inspection for election use
o ACRE (DEFRA) requested evidence of use for Jubilee weekend.
Roy sent photos of dance and picnic, with explanation
• Treasurer’s report- See attachment from Syd- All agreed that Syd does a
great job collating this.
o Stock taking will take place 3 times a year, with cost price of
o Request for selling price of goods to be recorded as well.
• Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebration Debriefo All agreed event went well.
o Having Radio Norfolk was a bonus.
o Approx. 90 people attended
o Mike put in request for £30 for printing and prizes – Agreed
• Survey Questionnaire results
o See attachment
o 3 possible new members
o Fun days were main request, followed closely by tea/coffee
o Outdoor multi gym was discussed – Mike to check viability
o Mike to check if we are allowed to do community orchard by
playing fields assoc.
• Yard sale- Date Saturday 27th August 2022
o Des to advertise online
o £5 a pitch- booked via website
o Mike to research possible de fib training
o Sunflower comp needs judging
• Future of side rooms discussiono Group toured rooms and decided that front kitchen was more
important to concentrate on. Mike to look at possible funding of
revamping front kitchen.
• PA system
o Roy reported old PA system is starting to fail
o £300 replacement budget was agreed. Mike and Roy to research
and sell old system if possible
o John is investigating a solution to weeds in grass.
o John reported electrician is coming to check cctv and side
lighting in coming weeks
o Mike reminded group that a new secretary is needed after 11th
August. Volunteer needed to take the role for 6 months.
• Date of next meetings: 7
th July 11th August 8
th September 13th
October 10th November 8
th December 2022
Minutes: 9th June 2022