FELMINGHAM VILLAGE HALL MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 21 October2021 in the Village Hall 1.PRESENT: Roy, Carol, Roger, Syd, Des,Eiiiot, John, and Sarah. Michael Pepperell was welcomed to the meeting as a Co-Opted member 2.Apologies: Helen(requested copy of minutes) 3.Minutes of the Previous Meeting: Minutes of the meeting held on the 16th ofSeptember were agreed. It was agreed to upload the minutes to the web site. Des to action. Proposed by Caroland seconded by John 4.Matters Arising a.Bank set up with Barclaysall outstanding actions complete b. Outstanding work list See attached notes 5. Correspondence An advert has been placed in the village shop for additional committee members.Michael Pepperell had joined the committee. To date noother interest had been shown. An E mail had been Received from Allied Westminster with the results from the “Rebuild Valuation report”. The main issue being whether VAT should be included in the insurance. It was agreed that Syd and Roger should work together to solve this issue. The NNC had carried out the final inspection of the Extension. The hire agreement needed amendment tocover the new escape route. Acertificate was required for the Emergency lighting system. It was agreed that Roger, Des and Roy would action this. 6. Website Elliot Des’s son had agreed to update the web site in the future. The Website had been updated. Elliot was working on a link withFacebook. Details of the AGM and Opening eventneeded to be added to the web site. TheBooking Calendaralsoneeded updating to show the hall bookings. There is however a problem with PDF files which Elliot is working on. Roger to attend a short course with Wayne the web site designer for back up purposes. 7. Treasurers Report: The treasurer’s report was circulated prior to the meeting which was accepted and agreed.Showing a surplus of approx.£21.8K The accounts had been checked and agreed with Hazel Newstead It was agreed to grant the bowling club £1000 to cover maintenance costs of the greensand upkeep of machinery. This is subject to a suitable banking procedure being set up which is still awaited. In the meantime, it was agreed that Syd would pay outstanding debts on presentation of invoices and charge them against the grant of £1000 for accounting purposes. Renumeration for Rob and Jenny for their past hard work discussed and agreed. 8.Hall Booking Bookings were being taken for Zumba Classes on Tuesday Evenings. A Bird Cage club meeting monthly.Martial Arts club monthly trial to be arranged. The hall also had been booked for aChristening. Bookings for the Country and Western nights were being arranged by Roy. The AGM to be arranged for 18th November. Flyer designed and printed for issue to all households with the free newspaper by Elliot. Agenda and minutes of last meeting were also required. The future Hall hire fees were discussed. Syd was carrying out comparison check with other halls in the area. It was agreed that this should be left to after the AGM for the new committee. Clare Des’s wife may be interested in becoming the Bar staff. Roy agreed to talk to her. 9. Opening Event: This was discussed at great length.It was agreed that the opening date would be the 4th of December 2021 1500 to 1800. It was also agreed to set upa small subcommittee comprising of: - Michael Pepperell, Sarah Smith, John Newstead, and Syd Arksey. They would be responsible to the main committee for. Guest of Honour Norman Lamb availability. Arrangements for the opening ceremony. Food and Entertainment (Roy agreed to check on availability of local artists and costs). Based on 100 people attending Suggest a guest list Displays of photos showing progress of project Plaque and sponsors display board. Syd to check withMarion at Jemco. Roy to checkif his son could do a plaque for the opening. Covid advice on social distancing iaw government guidelines. 10.Projects: The rear wall had been rendered and painted with barge boards replaced. The front of the village Hallrendering, and barge board replacement complete some tidying up required Side door and emergency exit complete Internal Double doors awaits complete. We need a H&S certificate for the bar kitchen, the bar needs to be stocked and the Optic stand needs erection. A new message board and door handles for the Foyer to be purchased. 11. Village Hall Extension The outstanding work list was discussed and shown attached. 12. Constitution update. The constitution remains under review. Trust deed to be explained that it was formally known as lease of 1953.Hall hire agreement annex requires amendment. Syd to send Roger an amendable copy of the constitution 13Any Other Business 14 Date of Next Meeting VH COMMITTEE MEETING TO BE HELD ON Thursday the18th November 2021after the AGMin the Hall.